Imbolc

I'm very much looking forward to celebrating this point in the wheel of the year. I've been doing some reading about celtic pagan paths lately and it has come to my attention that Brigid also roughly corresponds to Minerva (Roman) and my patron godddess, Athena (Greek).

In her various forms, this fierce femme rules over poetry, academia, justice, healing and war. Imbolc is very much a fire festival and I definitely need to get my worship on. I could definitely use some inspiration and something to rekindle my own inner fire.

A good witch friend said to me on Yule, "you need to mark the turning wheel, or it will mark you." Basically, honour the sabbats, the triple goddess and the passing of the seasons of you'll feel out of sorts for it. Very true advice.

On a personal note, my wonderful other half also happens to be born on February, certainly a very good sign indeed. ♥

Now where's my battle axe? I feel the need to slay some poetry in submission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment